Monday, December 1, 2008

This makes me so angry!

People killing people just to get Christmas gifts? Seriously? WTF? I think everyone has forgotten what this season is supposed to be about and it makes me angry. The holiday season should not be all about what stupid new consumer product you receive from your Aunt Frances that you've never met. It's about being with the ones you love, and sharing things that hopefully mean a lot to you. Which is why this year, I'm not asking for any gifts. In fact, I DON"T WANT anything.And, if you insist on getting me something, then I am going to ask you to go to www. alternativegifts. org and donate some money in my name.Or, you can go to Ten Thousand Villages in Pasadena (or to their website: www. tenthousandvillages. com) and buy me something from there because everything from there comes from rural villages in impoverished nations and the money you spend goes straight to those villages to help them make money. I want to get people in the habit of giving to a good cause. I want to do good in the world and I think this is a good place to start. And for those of you few people who I plan on giving things to? Be prepared to receive a Yak in your name or something of the sort because I'm sick of Christmas being a consumer holiday. Thank you.

No comments: