Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I didn't realize that we've suddenly jumped back into the 60s...

...and that farm animals now have more rights than gay people in California.  I'm so upset that Prop 8 passed.  I for sure thought that it wouldn't based on the fact that EVERYONE I know (minus grandpa) was voting No.  Ugh.  When will this unfairness end?  It really aggravates me that even now in 200-freaking-8, we are still dealing with social inequality.  What difference is it to those homophobs if gay people get married?  It's not like it's going to raise your taxes or that you have to live with them.  Ugh...I really hate ignorant people.  It's not going to be taught in schools, your children won't become gay by hearing about it because it isn't some kind of contagious disease.  Did I mention that I REALLY hate ignorant people?

But on the other hand, I'm glad Obama won.  This nation could really use a change, and based on my research, I think that he's the best candidate for the job.  So, President Obama, please, please, please, stick to your guns and don't fuck things up even worse than they are now.  Don't give me a reason to doubt why I voted for you.  I'm putting my faith in you that you will lead this country to a good place and I really hate it when people give me reasons to doubt them.  Thank you.

No comments: