Thursday, October 30, 2008

Things are looking better

After a rather stressful week last week, things are looking up. I last mentioned that my dear friend Kim was sick in Africa and I just heard that she's getting better, which makes me happy.

After I wrote in my blog last week, I had issues with my bank. I applied for a scholarship through my church and received the check a week ago this past Sunday. Well, turns out that the church had some checks stolen from the account that my check came from. The church had to close that account and open a new account. They told the bank that it was ok for certain checks to be paid (including mine) but the rest of them were not (there were about 8 checks stolen in total). I guess someone made a mistake and thought that my check was one of the stolen ones (the number of my check was one digit off from the ones that were stolen). So when that happened, my bank froze my account due to "suspicious activity" and were prepared to close my account. I didn't find out about this until Wednesday of last week when I went to use my debit card at Taco Bell and it was denied. I thought it was just because the check didn't clear and went to an ATM to take money out of my savings and the same thing happened. I called the bank and that's when the whole mess started for me.

I went to the bank and asked what was going on and they said that this particular check was going to be returned because of the fact that the account was closed. Ugh. So now, after a week of constant calls to my bank, constant calls to the church, and another trip to my bank, I finally have everything straightened out and can access my money again. I used to think that it was frustrating when I didn't have money at all but I've come to find out that it's even MORE frustrating when you do have money, but no access to it.

Now, for the show. We open one week from today and although I feel like we're right where we need to be, I'm still stressed. Mostly because earlier this week, our Stage Manager decided not to show up to rehearsal for the mere fact that she got into an argument with someone and I guess pretty much ended their friendship. I get that she was upset by what happened, but I seriously don't feel like it's a reason to miss rehearsal. I mean, I broke up with my boyfriend and was still able to make it to rehearsal. Anyway, because of this particular fight, she was thinking about going back home to Washington and made it sound like she was going to completely ditch the show, which would've left me in charge of practically everything. I did not sign up for that. But now it looks as though she is going to at least stay through the show so I'm happy about that because that means that I can be backstage during the show and help the actors with quick changes and anything else they might need.

This past week has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm glad that the ride is ending...hopefully.

No comments: