Monday, August 11, 2008

I love reading...

I'm reading "Gone With the Wind" right now. I love that story. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. However, the book is taking me FOREVER to read. I've been reading it off and on (due to class scheduling) for like 8 months and am only on page 230! But, I still love the book. I think books are way more descriptive than movies and they allow you to imagine things differently than what movies provide. It's too bad that kids are reading books less and less these days. I feel like if they were to read, their imaginations would be so much better off. They rely so much on video games and television to keep them entertained. It's so sad. When I was a kid, my parents never let me have video games. I had to go to friends' houses to play them. I remember being so mad at them for not getting me that Super Nintendo but now that I look back on it, I have to thank them because if it wasn't for them, I would not have had to go outside and use my imagination to keep me entertained. I think that when I have kids, I'll do the same thing.

No comments: