Thursday, January 7, 2010

I guess it's that time again...

I really do need to start writing in this more often. Let's see... Since I last wrote, I've: finished ANOTHER semester of school, decided to give Stage Managing (or, at least Assistant Stage Managing) another try - something I thought I'd never do again based on my last, rather horrible experience, and started dating someone. Let's begin with school:

I am doing well in school. It actually amazes me! And I applied to schools to transfer to next fall, which I am excited/nervous/scared out of my mind for. I'm afraid of change and I've been at GCC for what feels like 100 years, it's only natural that I'd be nervous to move on. Aside from being nervous that I won't get into any of the schools I applied to, I'm scared of what the next chapter of my life holds for me. This is a big step for me and I don't want to mess it up. But over the last year or so, I've actually managed to stay focussed on my goal and will hopefully acheive it soon. I look forward to what the world holds for me and will accept it with every ounce of me (I don't think I'll really have a choice, lol). I just have one more semester to go before going to what I call "Big Kid's School," lol.

Assistant Stage Managing... A rather touchy subject for me since my last experience with it. However, in the three days we've been rehearsing, I feel like this will be a good experience. Jim is the Stage Manager and I have every confidence that he will not bail out on me like the last one. And I have a co-Assistant, Savanna. The three of us are a force to be reckoned with. Already we've established who's doing what, where, and how. And it wasn't something we talked about and then did. We just naturally fell into it, which makes me feel good about what's to come in the next few months. So, fingers crossed, it will be a MUCH better experience than last time.

Ah, dating. I've started seeing someone. He's wonderful and I like him a lot. We met through camp and have actually known each other for a little over four years but this last year we started texting back and forth and low and behold, we had some chemistry! We've been dating since August and things are good. I can be a goofball with him and I absolutely love the time I get to spend with him because it feels so natural to be around him. And, the more I get to know him, the more attracted I am to him, which is obviously good. One thing though, I have yet to have the "relationship talk" with him. I don't know why it keeps getting put off. I think it's because when I've actually had that talk in the past with others, it has not ended well and I'm afraid to rock the boat. So, I've got to figure out how to approach that, and soon. I think, also it's because I feel so in sync with him that I sometimes don't feel the need to have that convo. But I know I should just to touch base with him and verbally make sure we're on the same page. We'll see how it goes.

That has been the last five months of my life, in a nutshell. Hopefully I will find time to write more in the future, as I feel the need to make sure I don't keep things in and eventually explode.

No comments: